The iPhone XR has an impressive liquid-retina screen that is characterized by its high quality of display and resistance to scratching and breaking, as well as a powerful Apple processor that produces the A12 Bionic and is capable of running various applications. Moreover, the iPhone XR is designed with a high internal memory of 256 GB. In the following article, we explain the most important features of the iPhone XR.
- The iPhone XR comes with a premium liquid-retina IPS LCD screen, and the iPhone XR is the first iPhone from Apple to be equipped with a liquid-retina screen.
- The iPhone XR screen is characterized by color accuracy and aesthetics, as it displays a resolution of 1792 x 828 pixels and the pixel density per inch is 326 ppi.
- The iPhone XR screen size is 6.1 inches (diagonally) with a screen area of 90.3 cm2, which constitutes 79% of the front face area of the phone.
- The maximum brightness of the iPhone XR screen is 625 units.
- The iPhone XR screen is made of scratch- and break-resistant glass.
Processor and system
- The iPhone XR runs iOS 12, which can be updated to iOS 16.2.
- Apple iPhone XR processor, A12 Bionic
- The iPhone XR processor is made with 7 nm technology, which makes the phone perform better and consume less battery power.
- The main processor of the iPhone XR consists of six cores: two vortex cores with a frequency of 2.5 GHz are used to process heavy operations, and the iPhone XR processor consists of four other tempest cores with a frequency of 1.6 GHz, and its function is to process light and medium operations.
- The graphics processor of the iPhone XR produced by Apple is equipped with four cores.
The iPhone XR comes in three versions that are equal in RAM capacity but vary according to the internal storage capacity, and these versions are:
- The first version comes with 3 GB of RAM and 64 GB of storage.
- The second version comes with 3 GB of RAM and 128 GB of storage.
- The third version comes with 3 GB of RAM and 256 GB of storage.
- The iPhone XR does not have an external memory card input.
Body & Dimensions
- The iPhone XR comes with a distinctive design where the front face and back of the phone are made of Corning Gorilla Glass, and the phone frame is made of aluminum material, which gives it light weight and high shock resistance.
- The iPhone XR weighs around 194 g.
- Phone length: 150.9 mm, width: 75.7 mm, and thickness: 8.3 mm
- The standard of the phone's resistance to water and dust is IP67, which means that its resistance to water and dust is good, as the iPhone XR can resist water up to a depth of 1 meter for 30 minutes.
- The phone is available in red, black, white, yellow, blue, and coral.
- The iPhone XR comes with one main rear camera with LED flash and one front camera.
- With a resolution of 12 MP, an aperture of f/1.8, and a focal length of 26mm, this camera takes pictures at a wide angle.
- The camera sensor size is 1/2.55" and the pixel size on the sensor surface is 1.4 microns.
- The iPhone XR camera is equipped with an optical image stabilizer (OIS) to maintain image stability when moving while taking the picture.
- The iPhone XR camera records video in 4K at 24 frames per second, 30 frames per second, and 60 frames per second.
- Video recording in 1080p at a rate of 30 frames per second, 60 frames per second, 120 frames per second, and 240 frames per second.
- The iPhone XR camera records video in 720p resolution at 30 fps.
- The camera is equipped with a smart HDR feature for high image clarity.
- The front camera of the iPhone XR comes with a resolution of 7 MP and an aperture of f/2.2, and the focal length of this lens is 32mm.
- This camera records video in 1080p at 120 fps or 240 fps.
- The iPhone XR front camera is equipped with an HDR feature to give the image high clarity.
- Supports the flash feature by lighting the screen when taking a picture (retina flash)
- The iPhone XR supports the operation of a nano SIM with the electronic chip ESIM or supports the operation of two nano SIM cards.
- The types of networks supported by the iPhone XR are GSM, CDMA, HSPA, EVDO, and LTE.
- The iPhone XR supports 2G, 3G, and 4G networks.
- Internet speed in 3G networks is up to 42 Mbps.
- Internet speed in 4G networks is up to 1024 Mbps.
- iPhone XR supports wifi service in the following versions: wifi 802.11.a/b/g/n/ac
- The iPhone XR supports dual-band, where two different bands can be switched at the same time.
- The iPhone XR supports the hotspot feature, where the phone can broadcast the wifi network to any other device that supports this service.
- The iPhone XR supports Bluetooth service with a power saving feature and an A2DP stereo audio transmission feature to the audio receiver.
- iPhone XR supports NFC proximity calling.
- iPhone XR supports USB 2.0 with Lightning
The iPhone XR has the following sensors:
- Acceleration sensor
- Proximity sensor
- Barometric pressure sensor
- Ambient Light Sensor
- Gyroscope sensor
- iPhone XR battery type: lithium-ion, non-removable, and integrated inside the phone body.
- The battery capacity of the iPhone XR is 2942 mAh.
- The battery supports fast charging, as it charges up to 50% within 30 minutes through a charger with a capacity of 20 watts or higher, as it is not attached to the phone box and is purchased separately.
- iPhone XR supports wired charging using Qi chargers.
- The iPhone XR battery is enough to talk for up to 25 hours continuously, to use the Internet for 15 hours, to play video for 16 hours, and to play audio clips for 65 hours continuously.
The phone case you buy contains an iPhone XR, which comes with iOS 14, and the phone case contains a charging cable, one of whose ends is USB and the other is lightning. The box also contains documents that explain how to use the phone.